In the wake of the news that the first few cases of Omicron Covid-19 variant have, inevitably, been found in India, there has already been a lot of anxiety in people. But one thing is sure that there are a lot of mutations, which may be more contagious than the last variant.
With this saying, it becomes crucial for retailers to make every effort to take strict preventive measures towards what’s coming in. Retail stores must focus on employee and customer safety, as people have returned to a drastically altered world.
Customers are often concerned about store security and 62% believe that they would like social distancing procedures while shopping. Retailers must take care of these aspects by putting health and store safety first. One of the basic methods for improving store safety is to follow the government set protocols. Here are some preventive measures that retailers can take to prepare themselves for the next variant, Omicron.
- Keep track of the staff’s health: This is very crucial. To keep track of staff’s health, set up temperature checks and on-site testing. Ensure that they are fully vaccinated.
- Daily Store Cleaning: This includes daily deep and thorough cleaning operations as well as the placement of hand sanitizing stations near checkout counters and at the store’s entrance. Businesses must ensure that they have a sufficient supply of cleaning supplies. Cleaning checklists and protocols can be made for the staff to follow.
- Permit limited people to enter the store: Retail outlets can ensure permitting limited customers inside the store at any given point of time and also ensure that they are fully vaccinated.
- Follow social distancing: The store must support social distancing, which is one of the best ways to reduce interaction and improve store safety measures. One-way traffic systems, barriers near checkout areas, and signage that emphasizes the significance of social distancing can all serve to reduce risk and increase trust.
- Working environment: Make sure your employees are working in a safe setting. Protective screens can be installed in your manned checkouts to eliminate the risk of checkout personnel coming in touch with consumers. By increasing disinfection processes, the work environment can be made a safer place.
- Make some changes for complete security: Retail stores can never be too cautious when it comes to shop security. While the immediate safety of customers and employees is the top priority, protective measures such as improved shift scheduling and increased contactless participation can help stores to prepare for the future.
- Security Credentials: Use in-store methods to protect your customers at all times, such as enhancing disinfection routines, adding hygiene signage, and so on. Customers and staff can disinfect their hands and any equipment they use with sanitizers before and after. So, in any place, sanitizers with instructions are more vital to be a part of security.
The new variant Omicron is presenting a unique set of challenges that emphasizes the value of community, cooperation, and retail trust. In these situations, retail stores can always rely on safe practices and precautionary methods towards delivering an excellent and healthy shopping experience.